Stories and Thoughts

February 27, 2009

Talented Cheeky Gardener

26 FEB 2009: Walked out from office after work and saw the new shape of those trees around the building. It definitely looks weird to me that I couldn’t imagine how the gardener came out with this idea. Looks like a….ahem…use your own imagination folks. BRAVO to the gardener!!



Ran out for a dinner with a friend at Mines Shopping Mall. It has been years since the last time I visited this mall. This mall gave me lot of memories as I used to work as promoter here after form 5 for almost 3-4 months while waiting for my SPM result. The mall was newly built back then where not many shops opened with very limited choices of food. Though the pay given wasn’t much (If not mistaken, it was rm3 per hour), but I had a great time being with a bunch of great workmates. I could still remember all those laughter and tough time that we’ve experienced together. And I was still riding my little old bike that time. Sweet memory it was.

Anyhow, it seems to improve a lot over the years where I could see more choices of food around. Sorry that I didn’t pay attention on clothes as I was so damn hungry. For those that never been to this mall, perhaps you can consider to pay a visit someday.

12 comments:

Sam said...

Mines had so much potential to grow, but it's still a very dead place to be. But for you to work there after your SPM just proves how old it really is - old but still surviving. :)

[SK] said...

hehe, i have been there like 10 years ago, and that was the only time i've been there.. which shop you were working in?? didn't see you de?? kekeke :p

TZ said...

Errrrr.... when is my last visit to Mine Shopping Mall... can't remember ... :p

Twilight Man said...

I like to bring out station morons to visit Mines Shopping Mall coz it has a unique big longkang in the middle. LOL
The feng shui in that whole area doesn't seem good coz it was mining land before. So keenyee was pimping there at RM3 per hour?

said...

i went to Mines 2 weeks ago and was quite surprise with the changes...coz last time i used to went there when i was living in sg long...the change is good :) at least its much more modern and attract more customers

LAURENCE said...

haha~
i hd been 2~3 years last visit thr~

Glog said...

That place are meant for people who lives in Balakong and the Mines Wonderland, is it still there?
Who goes anyway right?

Chris said...

Mines Shopping Mall.. oh.... lONGGGG time i didn;t go there oredi... Near to ur house also...

.:: Ant ::. said...

It was pretty nice to have drinks outside the mall and close to the waterway. The shops there looked kinda pathetic tho'.

+Ant+

KY said...

Sam: Hey, too much emphasizing on my age ler. Yeah, was like 13 yrs ago? WOW!!!

SK: I think that shop closed down after I left. Well, how could they survive without the main attraction..HAHAHA.

TZ: Yeah, the crowd has dropped drastically. Let me know if you happen to come over next time.

Twilight Zone: That big longkang was quite impressive la last time. I always sat by the longkang side while having my dinner. Romantik nye..but being alone la. RM3 per hour also tak laku lor like time.

LeuMaS: Wow, you are the man. At least you were here recently. Yeah, a lot improvement done.

LAURENCE: Then you should come again when the next time you come KL. :)

Glog: So mean la you. It wasn't that bad actually. Anyhow, I'm not staying in Balakong or Mines though.

Chris: Hehe, you lepak too much at Pavilion la. Mayb you can find some surprises here. It's not actually near my house lor, think my house is 10++ km away.

KY said...

Anton: I think they are having some renovations along the waterway outside the mall. Have you been there before?

MiChi said...

That Tan Sri should invest by renovating this place which he copied its concept from San Antonio, US. It is now a weekend hangouts for foreign workers.