Stories and Thoughts

March 3, 2009

KL International Forest Towerthon 2009

1 MAR 2009: It was my 1st time joining a towerthon event. A friend of mine (Lai) joined last year and she said it wasn’t so tough, and therefore I didn’t put much training prior to this event. Woke up at 5am on the day itself to get myself ready, had a simple breakfast and drove to Chak’s house at Puchong. I was kind of lazy to drive there as parking is always an issue in KL especially during this kind of event (What a lame excuse).

There were 4 different flag off groups where men’s categories were divided into 3 separate groups while women’s category has only 1 group. I was in the 1st group to start at 8am. The starting point was located at the bottom of Bukit Nanas where we have to run about 1km uphill towards the tower. While the tower itself consist of 24 levels where water stations were available at every 4 levels. Not too bad la. Anyhow, the stairway was quite narrow that can only fit 2 person of my size side-by-side (If you are bigger in size, people might curse you for blocking the way) and the air-ventilation wasn’t as bad as expected (still can breathe normally lo).

Reached the finishing point with my head-to-toe all-wet look. Damn, I think I could probably squeeze out a glass of fresh hot juice from my shirt and shorts. Looked at the time, it was 8:35am. It took me around 35 minutes to complete the event, wasn’t so bad I guess. While waiting for my other friends, I walked around the observation deck, took some water to replenish myself, and not forgotten to camwhore a bit for sure. It has been so long since the last time I came here, but it wasn’t changed much. Took the queue for lift to get down, collected our finisher medals, and went for breakfast at OldTown (Jalan Yap Kwan Seng). It was another unforgettable and enjoyable event with a great bunch of friends. Will I join again next year? I guess so. See you guys next year!!!

19 comments:

Glog said...

Ade medal jugak...
Perhaps I should try next year!

[SK] said...

wow, 35minutes only?? that's pretty fast.. not bad laa, at least got a finisher medal, can consider taking part next year, hehe!!

err, didn't camwhore yourself in that sexy-hot-sweat-drenching look?? hahaha~~

Twilight Man said...

Congrats dude! Next year I will join you. Now I start training by walking up 22 floors of my next condo block.

said...

next year remember to ask me wo~ i want the medal as well :P

MonsterTee.Me said...

wa... next time can join marathon too...

give u this

www.pacesetters.com.my/events/index.htm

LAURENCE said...

wah~
feels so nice~
i think i should try nex year if i can~

.:: Ant ::. said...

Yup, Twilight and I will join you next year. And guaranteed we'll cause a massive traffic jam up the tower.

+Ant+

Sam said...

I also wanna go! Sounds fun lah - with water stops every 4 levels and stuff. Sounds super! :D

KY said...

Glog: Yes, count you in for next year.

SK: Camwhore myself while sweating like hell? No way man, hehe. Make sure you're in next year!!

Twilight Zone: Good if you could join. Can help look2 whether that stairway has some dirty stuff. I felt it kinda scary though. Keke.

LeuMaS: Yippie, you're in.

amos: Thanks, I have that website as well. I did partciate in few 10km run before. Not yet reaching the half marathon level lo.

Laurence: All the way from Johor for the Towerthon? You are very much welcome.

Anton: Oh yea, your participation will make the event more meaningful.

Sam: Yeap, it was fun. Neaxt year ya.

Danny said...

onli 24 level meh? ot KL tower is higher than that...or issit some mini towerthon? but m interested to join la... i think i need to go out more ;)

KY said...

Danny: Their definition of level is weird that level is much higher than normal 1 storey. I think this shouldn't be a problem for you lor. Count you in next year ya.

TZ said...

hey dude, i also wanna to join next year... I could walk up to my unit using the emergency stairway to train myself :p

BTW, how many floors is the KL towers?

fufu said...

wow... i will check out the date for next yr towerthon =)

KY said...

TZ: It has 24 levels, but definitely higher than 24 floors lo. Make sure you join next year k.

fufu: Haha, not that fast I guess. Most probably early of the year also. :)

MonsterTee.Me said...

uh... ic. seemed like u an enthusiastic runner. Does that make you one of PACM (pacesetters athletic club malaysia) members too?

Chris said...

wah,... like that also can... salute u ler bro... I dun think i can join it. will faint half way, :p

KY said...

amos: Hehe, don't say so loud. Shame that I'm not qualified to join them yet. Need more training.

Chris: Aiyo, thought can count you in as well le. Don't worry, you have a year time to catch up.

seazpark said...

wats???
35mins?
u did a great job! hehe..

KY said...

seazpark: Thanks. It wasn't a good result though. Will definitely work harder next year.