Stories and Thoughts

July 7, 2009

Dinner at Ozeki Japanese Restaurant

4 JULY 2009: Was invited by a close gal friend for dinner at Ozeki Japanese Restaurant in Menara TA. I’ve never heard about this restaurant before, where I drove there with another friend of mine. Found the building itself and simply park my car at the roadside. And there was an Indian buddy requested for RM25 as he claimed it was jockey parking. Fine, I drove my car again to a proper carpark that cost me rm15. Damn, since when the parking in KL become so expensive? The last time I came around the area for clubbing, it fee was rm10.

Reached the restaurant at 9pm and some friends were already there, having the peach salad. Quickly grab some salad as I was very hungry. Then, we ordered some foods recommended and a bottle of red wine. The food served was great in taste comparing to other Japanese restaurants. I love the peach salad and chicken wings very much. Another bottle of red wine after finished the 1st bottle, and we called the night off at 11pm. The damage on wallet for the night, RM600 for 4 pax. I’m so gonna eat bread/biscuit for the rest of month.



Anyone of you been to this restaurant before? How was the damage on your wallet then?

15 comments:

Danny said...

used to work in that building.. bit never tried the restaurant b4.. u shld hv park in the building.. flat rate after 6pm, if i'm not mistaken :)

.:: Ant ::. said...

Oooo loved the food and especially the decor of the place. Yup, the price was a killer too. Damage wuz Rm800 for 3pax when i wuz there. Neighbouring Poppy Bar wuz great too for drinks. It wuz roti canai and ais kosong after that! hehe

Red wine at Jap..... sake ma!
+Ant+

Medie007 said...

mixed rice works best for me. yay! :D

Anonymous said...

wowww... so expensive, i think i hardly have anything so expensive lor, only those fully sponsored one got lah, but those sponsored one normally western or chinese food.

savante said...

Ate there too and it was expensive - but at least the food was great :)

Twilight Man said...

OMG you guys are so blardy rich to eat in such places!! I am saying the kaya guys - Keenyee, Anton and Savante!

mang0 said...

Wah, expensive oh... I only go to Jap. restaurant with conveyer belts :D

[SK] said...

aiyoh, might as well park at KLCC and just walk over, it's just across the road what~~ hmmm, i know this restaurant but never been there, but i think RM150 per person is somehow expected.. see now, who is eating expensive food?? :p

KY said...

Danny: Flat rate after 6pm? I think it's even safer to park inside the building. And the best is that don't need to pay to those LCLY ppl lo, keep instruct me to park closer...closer...

Anton: Yeah, the decor is superb. There was a birthday celebration of a Datin too on that day. I don't like sake ler..

Medie007: I like mixed rice too. I think I need to eat that for the next 24 days of this month..:(

the happy go lucky one: Wow, so nice to have sponsorship. But I don't feel good if people treat me such an expensive food lo. Better digestion if pay with own money. :)

KY said...

savante: Agreed with you that the food was really nice. Good service provided too.

Grandma Twilight: I didn't tell you when I eat biscuits only lo. Wanna go eat there someday? Have to be next month ya, this month PK de.

mangO: Quite pricey la, but romantic wo. Can go and try with your boy2 lo. But make sure he pay for it.

SK: I lazy to walk from KLCC lo. That's the price to pay for my laziness. I know it's expensive, but rm600 is kinda unexpected lo. Hehe, I eat expensive food once in a blue moon. That's why I workout so long at gym today, burnt those fat!!!

Anonymous said...

nooooo lah, only if got ppl want to sponsor me so expensive food, even then i also paiseh to accept lah. all these sponsorship are from those companies tat want to brainwash me to order/recommend their products lah :P

- yEng - said...

carpark === rm15..?? =.=!!!

KY said...

the happy go lucky one: Not bad, sponsorship from companies. A lot of eating and socializing then. :)

yEng: Yeah, try it out someday at KL night time. Bet you'll like it!! Haha, thanks for dropping by BTW.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The foods there value for money. I mean the freshness of the food, the service and the environment.
The MOMO peach salad is seasonal fruits that you can't get here in Malaysia. So I would said worth paying for the foods there.
And by the way, next time try their house sake. More value for money :-)