Stories and Thoughts

October 20, 2009

1st Baking Experience

20 OCT 2009: Baked my 1st cake over the weekend. Friends advised me to start with the basic butter cake, but I baked a marble cake instead. With a baking book beside me, it didn’t take me too long to prepare all the ingredients. While the whole experience itself wasn’t as tough as expected that it took me less than an hour to get it done. Baked the mixture in my new oven at 180C for 40 minutes, and the cake turned out a little burnt on 1 side. Well, I would say it looked and tasted “Not bad” for a 1st time baker me.

My next target will be egg tart!!!



I’ll be flying off tomorrow (21 OCT 2009) for a week holiday vacation. It’ll be a 7++ hours of flight to the South. Till we meet again, wish you all a wonderful week ahead.

And guess what, this is my 100th posting!!!! Hooray!!!!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the first time and 100th :) such a lovely cake kekeee
its so much fun to bake, too bad nowadays im too busy *cough cough* no more baking liao.
it takes sometimes to learn abt the temperature and timing of ur oven, as the temperature mentioned in the cook book might not suit ur oven setting, once u have master it, the cake wont burn nor shrink after cooling kekeeee :)

mang0 said...

Looks nice... never let me try :p
I have a packet of marble cake mix at home which I haven't got time to bake :)

TZ said...

dude, we will go to your place for egg tart eh!... yahoo... don't need to go papa rich for egg tart ... we go KY rich for egg tart...

said...

not bad... hope u enjoy ur trip then ~

Danny said...

ehh 100th entry got cake to celebrate lagi.. congrats

enjoy ur holiday la, mate..
n pls show them that we malaysian are very 'friendly'..lol ;p

[SK] said...

wow, congratulations on the 100th post!! more to come huh.. hmmm, 1st time baking woh, and the cake looks good to me, so i can look forward to my birthday cake next year already.. going south for holiday?? wow, so nice lor, i need a holiday so badly..

Pranny said...

Congrats KY... And er, the cake looks dark wo, sure it is not hangus??

Twilight Man said...

Have fun boy and don't be naughty there ok..
So you gotta bake 100 egg tarts when you come back to celebrate ok...

Twilight Man said...

Don't forget my OZ souvenir!! I want! I want!

I am flying to Jakarta for a @#$% work trip! I buy you a voodoo doll with jampi activated one! You can get a lover instantly! LOL...

Unknown said...

Oh... The cake seem so nice!!! Yummy!!! When wana belanja me makan??? Enjoy ur trip ya~! Going Perth???

tagnan said...

congratulations on the 100th post!!
can i have the egg tart ? ;p

Gratitude said...

Yummy!

Safe return ya. We're gonna eat your share on our next steamboat buffet attack! lolz
+Ant+

meglittlemeg said...

wowieeeeeeeeeee looks nice and delicious!! I wanna try it ler!!

Chris said...

keep it up bro!!!

Chris said...

Where r u going to for ur holiday?

Foongq said...

Happy Holiday!!! I'm willing to be the 'white rat' to try ur next egg tart ...hahahaa :D

KY said...

Hey all, I'm back from Melbourne. Had a great trip there and will definitely post some photos taken soon. :)

Leon Koh said...

looks delicious! really!