Stories and Thoughts

October 7, 2009

Ekiden Relay Run 2009

4 OCT 2009: Went for the 4th Ekiden Run 2009 at Putrajaya with the usual marathon kaki. There were 10 of us in 2 different teams. I was the team leader that of the team named H5N5. What a dramatic name given.

The run started officially at 8am where it was a relay run that each of us had to run for the distance of 3km. I was pretty stressed as 1st runner. Everyone ran at a very fast pace for the 1st 1km. I pushed myself a little faster than my normal pace in order to keep up with others and completed the 3km within 17 minutes. Not too bad I guess as a 1st runner with less than 20 ahead of me. Finally, my team finished the run within 1 hour 20 minutes at 50th. Well done team!!!

It was a fun and well organized event. However, the organizer shall locate more remote toilets at the interchange section as I saw lots of guys did their business around the bushes. Kind of disgusting and I bet it wasn’t something proud to be shown especially to foreigner.



Who is interested to form a team of 5 for next year? And a fancy name for the team?

14 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I used to run in marathons and now have knee injuries after accidents. So I am running for my life! You can name your gang "Jelly Beans" LOL... keke keke keke

Medie007 said...

Jelly Beans are good names! but u gotta get 4 more Jelly boys to be with u. ;)

wanna join my first run too!! was like, my new year resolution this year, but look what happened? nada. lols

[SK] said...

wah, started off in top 20, but finished at 50th.. means you are the best in the team lor?? kekeke.. yalah, get a more glamorous and stylish name next time lah.. :D

TZ said...

Dude, from my calculation i already knew your team would finished 50th place... how?

H5N5 = 4x5+6x5
H = 4 and N = 6 in handphone.
so H5N5 = 4x5+6x5 = 50...

See you started with 20th --> 4x5 ended with 50th place --> 4x5+6x5

heheheeeeee.... :p

said...

wah~ really a road runner liao,.... good job...

KY said...

Grandma Twilight: Hey, why you never share your marathon experience with me? Which part of you has injured? Anyhow, "Jelly Beans" is quite a funny name but not for running la. Beans doesn't sounds powerful wo.

Medie007: Oh yea, would you like to be one of the "Bean" next year? I remember you said wanted to join marathhon event this year but never did. There's another "dato" also said the same, but no action also.

SK: No lor, my team member said I was the worst. Cause I let 20 ppl over took me, and they averagely (30/4) only let 6-7 people over took them. Do you think this is fair for me?

KY said...

TZ: Wow wow wow, what mathemetics formula you used to come out with this? But it's quite accurate wo. So I gotta calculate "Jelly Beans" for the placing next year de.

L²: Not considered a road runner yet comparing with all those regular runners out there. They are really good indeed. Would you like to try these kind of running event someday?

動 Orson said...

salute to team leader..lol

3km17mins....average 5mins/km
v fast lo...lol..haaaa

KY said...

動 Orson: Aw, thanks. It's all about team work though.

Gratitude said...

Medie, TZ and I will join our 1st soon...so please cheer us on yea?
+Ant+

vialentino said...

very good timing ler....i dun think i can achieve the time already....i am growing fat now...hahaha

~Elaine Tam~ said...

Wow! You are so determine...... I used to jointhoe marathon too..But it's like ages =_=' During school time...

~Elaine Tam~ said...

Wow! You are so determine...... I used to jointhoe marathon too..But it's like ages =_=' During school time...

KY said...

Gratitude: Join soon? Which 1 and when? Mayb I shall follow you guys to support. Let me know ya.

vialentino: Hey, I think you have quite a good record though if I'm not mistaken. You are too busy to run now though being a daddy. :)

~Elaine Tam~: If you can did it last time, I'm sure you still can do it now. Interested to join?