Stories and Thoughts

June 23, 2009

Weekend Makan-Makan + BodyPump

22 JUNE 2009: I had been rushing to complete a document for a whole past week, with lots of night conference calls with U.S. for discussions. It supposed to be a father’s day weekend, but my dad left me alone to Bali for his vacation with siblings. Therefore, the lonely me had decided to retreat myself by joining my gym mates for dinner at Gu Yue Tien Chinese Cuisine located at Chulan Square KL.



I parked my car nearby Pavilion and walked over to Chulan Square, which took me around 10 minutes of walk with chit chat along the way. There was a nice swivel staircase upon entering the main entrance that leads to 1st floor. The restaurant was nicely designed but the space is kind of limited. We ordered a father’s day dinner set that cost RM298 for 4 pax excluded additonal charges. It was a 6 courses dinner with a seafood cold dish (crab, prawn and oyster), shark’s fin soup, scallop, duck leg, noodle and Suet Yi dessert (A free bottle of red wine). The food served was nice in an acceptable portion. Even though it was a bit pricey (for me la), but the lovely decorated environment and great services provided paid it off.

After a heavy makan session over the weekend, I finally joined the Body Pump class at CF today. As a 1st timer, I need to test the water and didn’t put too much weight. I was sort of loss in between that I think the instructor didn’t provide enough explanation for a beginner like me. I warmed up with the weight of 3.5kg (each side) and the maximum weight used was 5kg (each side) during squat. I was still standing after an hour class that my friend said I didn’t use enough weight. Anyhow, it was a great workout and I’ll definitely do it better next time. Next target of mine is cycling class on Wednesday.

While waiting for another conference call here at 12:45am, flashing back what have I done for the past 1 month within the quiet and peaceful night. Obviously, my work load is higher comparing few months back; I've joined gym that I think I'm improving slowly in term of my physical appearance and social life and I've got to know some great friends at gym. However, I think I've loosen up a bit in term of my contact with some close friends of mine like Meg, David, CicakFong, Pontivan, BabiMummy, Anton and etc. Kinda miss them suddenly and will definitely try my best to catch up with them soon....I promise...

15 comments:

Danny said...

u did pump... n planned for cycling...huh?
i know what is the 3rd target.. my class at MV this saturday ( 240pm & 350pm )...i FORCED SK to join liao.. so make sure u come..hehehe

Tizzz said...

Food looks yummy.
U make me hungry. LOL

said...

so u r in lot 10 cali?

Paul Figaro J said...

wahh......nice hor BodyPump 70, the chest work out really a killer lor.........all halves movement 1...or izzit maybe i not good enough........sigh...

[SK] said...

wow, improvement in physical appearance and social life woh!!! next time triple up your weights in bodypump laa.. and don't forget this saturday 240pm for Danny's class~~

KY said...

Danny: Finally you have class at MV. Waited till neck also gets longer. SK will join? OK, sure I'll come over.

Tizzz: Yeap, not bad the restaurant but a bit pricey. Have a try someday but don't scold me if it doesn't taste good ya.

Leu: No la, I'm at MV. Are you at Lot 10?

Paul J: Thanks for dropping by dude. Body Pump is tough...but I don't think you aren't good enough based on your explanation above. Another crouching tiger hidden dragon lo.

SK: Ahem, didn't you realize that my waist get slimmer 2mm and my chest grew bigger 3mm? If I tripled my weight, get ready an ambulance for me. This Sat ya, I'm SET!!! See you there!!!

Joanna Tang said...

Happy belated father day to u then!! hehe!

Good workout.

.:: Ant ::. said...

It's the quality, not quantity that counts! ^_^

+Ant+

KY said...

Joanna Tang: I've yet becoming a father ler. Do you workout?

Anton: I wonder why this phrase sounds soooooo familiar, copyright reserved ok. I always agree with this lo. Don't you think that having a bowl of salad with someone you like is better than having steak with someone you dislike?

savante said...

Babimummy! LOVE THE NAME! :)

Medie007 said...

ur dad ditched you without telling u beforehand? *applause* wakakkaa

KY said...

savante: That's a nick we gave her. Let me know if you want a nick too, maybe I can help.

Medie007: Now you know how bad is he. But his son might be worse lor...

Joanna Tang said...

Me ah.. hehe! got the mindset wanna go gym, only after i fully move in to my new apartment,we got in house gym room..

Twilight Man said...

Adoi you are always eating and pumping! When did you sign up fulltime? I thought your 1 month trial has expired. I never see you there at MV coz I have not been there for many donkey weeks.

KY said...

Joanna Tang: Wow, apartment's gym is nice, if the maintenance is good. Great to hear this...

Granny Twilight: I joined last 3 weeks de. Now going almost 3-4 times a week lo. Yea yea, look at your expired blog already knew how busy you are de, not to talk about gym.