Stories and Thoughts

November 23, 2008

3D2N Pusing/Ipoh Trip

21 Nov 2008: I worked from home today as I knew that I have to drive off from home at 4pm. I was the driver of this trip accompanied by 3 other passengers. We started our journey to the North at around 5pm from Kota Damansara and reached Pusing at around 8pm with a stop in between for toilet and snacks. After several calls with the groom and some wrong turnings around Ipoh, we finally reached Pusing. We waited by the road side where groom drove out to guide us to his house. Lovely and quiet housing area it was. Bachelor night was nice with a lot of relatives (Well, really a LOT) and good food but most importantly was the company itself. Groom has rented a double-storey house nearby specifically for us, which was a very clean and comfortable house.

22 Nov 2008: Woke up at 9am for simple breakfast at groom's house. Since they didn't serve coffee, we drove out for another round of drink and some morning look-around. The town was totally different from the night before, with a lot stalls and coffee shops operating at daytime. Started our journey to bride's house at 11am where it took us almost 4o minutes of drive. As usual, played some games prepared that weren't tough enough for us, I should say. As we supposed to follow the groom back to his house, but we didn't that we drove to Ipoh old town for white coffee and chee cheong fun. I just love the food in Ipoh. Will definitely come back again someday.

Went back to Pusing at 4pm and had some rest before drove out to the restaurant at 6:30pm. Reached the restaurant at 7pm and found out that most of the guests were there. Seems that people in small town has better punctuality than those living in city. I was very hungry, but still I've taken a opportunity to snap some photos around. Dinner officially started at 8pm and the foods served were simple but tasted very good.

It was a wedding reception that supposingly groom should've got drunk, but he didn't. Hence, we proceeded with a 2nd round of drink at groom's house after dinner until 2am. All of us were happy finally as we’ve finished all 11 bottles of brandy and seeing a drunken groom.

23 Nov 2008: Woke up pretty late (9am) as we stayed until pretty late the night before. We went to Ipoh town for their famous dim sum breakfast and apparently Ipoh bean sprouts/chicken an hour later after dim sum. Drove back to KL with a heavy stomach and reached home at 3pm.

Basically, it was a tiring but happy 3D2N trip. I really enjoyed the company of those close friends as we could rarely get a time for outing all-together. Besides, we’ve got to know some new friends who are so fantastic and playful. Hope to catch up with them again someday in KL.

Anyhow, how was your weekend? Hope you had a wonderful weekend. :)

26 comments:

[SK] said...

errr, how come only your solo camwhoring photo?? i expect some photos you took with the bride and groom worr~~ :p

.:: Ant ::. said...

Juz glad to know that you emjoyed the trip and returned safely. Never liked the winding roads leading to Ipoh (esp. fm Penang near in infamous toll), coz it usually rains in that area.

Any tau sar piah or pomelos or us? :P

You have a wonderful week ahead too ya! ^_^

+Ant+

Danny said...

u guys are really DRINKER...

TZ said...

Dude, such an enjoyable weekend... :-)

meglittlemeg said...

auw... so sweet, reading it just as if I'm in the place.. so shioks man!! hehee.... and fun the way u describes it..

handsome couple! hehe.. happy for them! wish them pak tau tou lou!

KY said...

[SK]: Those photos taken with groom/bride were at groom's camera. That's why couldn't show it here. :)

Anton: I enjoyed it pretty much, thanks. The highway from Ipoh-KL is pretty ok for me, was a bit sleepy though especially driving at noon time. Hehe, I didn't buy much this time around. Let's go together someday for food hunting.

Danny: Nah, THEY are drinker. I was more towards supporter.

TZ: Thanks. How about your weekend? Hope you are doing fine.

Meg: You missed all the fun dear. Yeah, very handsome groom. Really envy the bride. Hehe.

Twilight Man said...

You know what? You looked more handsum than the groom, hope he doesn't read my comments. Pusing used to be famous for freshest fresh water fish and prawns. Ages & forgotten until you reminded me. So where is the next wedding?

KY said...

It was the 1st time for me to Pusing. Didn't know or been to this place previously. A small very town with friendly neighbourhood. Reminded me of the old serdang maybe 20++ years back. And what a beautiful compliment from you. The groom was one of the hottest guy in our university last time. Next wedding...next month in KL...2 of them. :(

JC said...

Ooo.. Must be fun! Like the way you present your pictures

KY said...

JC: Great to have you visited my blog. We can always exchange and share our creativity juice on photo editing.

[SK] said...

hmmm, so does that mean your own camera is only for your own camwhoring purpose only?? hahaha :p

KY said...

[SK]: Haha, now you're getting to know me better. Keep this only for yourself, ok.

ernloy said...

Greetings from a ipoh guy here :)
glad u visited ipoh!hehe
well,well,ya,need to learn from u the way how u present your pictures on the blog...

KY said...

ernloy: Hey Ipoh guy, nice to see you around. Tell you what, you have a wonderful hometown. Not to say about learn, we all shall learn from each other ok. Perhaps we could share ideas..

[SK] said...

yeah, definitely gotta know you better and deeper.. so any camwhoring *private* photos for me to keep to myself?? ngiak ngiak ngiak :p

KY said...

[SK]: Private photos are only for private viewing of course. We couldn't have another Edison case, could we?

sbanboy said...

Wow looks like you had a great time. I had a great time in Singapore not even my broken car air cond could stop the fun ..hehe

Camwhoring yourself ?? If you want .. we can go for a photo session one day and you can be my model :)

KY said...

sbanboy: Yeah, I had a great time in Ipoh. But I really couldn't imagine driving without aircond, that's gonna be HOT. Ah, so sweet of you to ask me for model, thanks. But I don't think I'm a good poser in front of other people..kinda camera shy. Hehe.

JC said...

Thought you have a cbox to leave some messages.

Anyways, yea, I think it's kinda cool. I mean, yea, perhaps you can teach me more about photo editing.

KY said...

JC: Still considering whether to put the cbox. About the photo editing, I truly think you're pretty good on that by looking at the photo on your blog. Nice job.

JC said...

Thanks. But all I do is just edit off the pimples and scars, eyebag, play with the brightness and contrast setting, then add blog link. That's all. We shall learn from each other sharing ideas and whatnot.

I think you should create a cbox. Easier. LOL. Unless you like/don't mind people spamming your comment area. =D

sbanboy said...

Don't worry buddy ... just be yourself and I will snap away. Natural is great. U can check out some of my old posts when I took portrait of my friend - Tukangtaip .. http://sbanboy.blogspot.com/2006/10/potrait-tukangtaip.html

I can do some portrait and profile pictures .... I can do with some practice. Do buzz me.

KY said...

JC: Cool, guess i have so much things to learn from you.

sbanboy: Hey man, your tukang taip friend looks good la. :) It would be lovely to have you snapped my photo someday. Thanks in advance.

sbanboy said...

No worries bro ... we will arrange for a day .. bkt jalil, tmn titiwangsa etc.

Chris said...

Haha... great u enjoy in my hometown...

KY said...

Chris: I lost once though within the town. Almost wanted to call you de for direction but luckily I managed to find the way finally. Hehe, or else you might receive my call while you are somewhere in other country.