Stories and Thoughts

November 30, 2008

Thing turns out better if we less expecting it to be?

30 NOV 2008: It was a lovely Sunday where I've spent another whole day with family. I do noticed that I've been spending less time with family lately especially on weekend due to some personal stuff, and I do felt sorry about it. Being together with them during these 2 days made me realized how important are they to me, and how much joy I've been missing for the past few weeks. Guess I'm another family man...:)

Anyway, we went to A Yat Abalone restaurant in Avenue K for dim sum breakfast. Frankly speaking, I didn't really expect the dim sum to be good as dim sum isn't their specialty by looking at the restaurant's name itself. However, it turned out to be so good that dim sum was fantastic and fresh with good services given by the waitress. Hence, I couldn't help but wonder whether thing normally turns out better if we less expecting it to be? There were times where I had very bad disappointments when I put too much expectation on something that ended with disasters. But a friend of mine used to tell me, life without expectation is like a sea without wave...we ain't go anywhere.

Anyhow, the breakfast cost us a bomb, but it was priceless to be together with someone we love.




We hopped over to KLCC after the breakfast for some foot exercises. There's a gigantic nicely decorated Christmas tree at the Center Court of KLCC, which has attracted huge amount of tourists for photography. And I did take some photos for sure. This is the biggest Christmas tree I've seen so far for this year. Do you know anywhere with bigger Christmas tree?

17 comments:

Danny said...

klcc tree... it's actually the same tree since 5 years ago.. just change a bit of the color theme... try Pavilion.. there's a giant white tree in front of the entrance.. with caroling on certain day..Mid Valley was a bit disappointing this year cos cut cost... 1 Utama, on the way... Curve, not my type..Starhill, biasa-biasa..., Lot 10, dunno...

btw, my msn : hsmd100@hotmail.com
will arrange for yamcha session next time ...

ernloy said...

dim sum!!!
miss it so much...long time never eat de...
shud try ipoh's :)
anyway, Hi!!!

sbanboy said...

Spending time with family and loved ones are always precious. You know many times we forget how time flies ... and how precious they are .. I always remind myself to tell my family that I love them .. coz I never know what will happen next...it might be too late.

And it is true .. things happen when we less expect. Many times we are disappointed when we expect.

Take k man

Cheers

[SK] said...

i was in KLCC yesterday boh, didn't see you de?? haiz, just missed it~~ the KLCC tree is the same all these years, just different ornaments they are putting on this year..

oooh, faster hook up with Danny and we shall meet up later (if you don't have to spend the day with your family) :)

KY said...

Danny: Guess it has been ages that I didn't go KLCC. I shall mall hopping someday to check out all those xmas decors. Thanks for the ID, will add you shortly.


ernloy: Tried the dim sum in Ipoh 2 weeks back when I was there for friend's wedding. It was fabulous and I'll definitiely go back someday for food hunting.

sbanboy: Lovely. Good to know that we are having same thought. Tou take care too man.

[SK]: KLCC was so packed yesterday. Perhaps you couldn't recognize me as well seeing me out there. Hehe, the "hook up" thingy sounded cheeky. But anyhow, I will hook up him..:)

TZ said...

Hey dude, I was in KLCC yesterday too :-p What time you were there?

Yup! agreed... the more you expect, when things does turn out to be your expectation... you will be so disappoint. So Let's go back to Basic :-p

Twilight Man said...

Whooa! The tree was really big in your photo! I must go over to see with my own eyes. I always avoided Ah Yat as their whole menu is a bomb piece! I have been waiting for a free treat but never got it. You're lucky that you get to see you family so often unlike out station fellas like us.

KY said...

TZ: I was in KLCC from 11am till 3pm. Hehe, perhaps you were at the other side of that gigantic tree.

Twilight Zone: It's pretty huge, but not that nicely decorated though. They can do it better. Appreciation is much more important than seeing everyday. :)

.:: Ant ::. said...

What a good boi! :)

Ah Yat has special promotions on their dimsum fm Mon-Sat. This "touch-the-heart" meal can be pretty expensive affair.

+Ant+

KY said...

Anton: Good boi? Hehe, particular days lo. It's absolutely acceptable to have expensive affair once in a while, especially early of the month la..hehe

[SK] said...

the problem is i spent most of the time in the gents department inside isetan, you were in the kids department?? hehe..

next time laa, after you hook on to danny then can hook on to me and shop together lor, waahahaha!!

meglittlemeg said...

you guys just love shopping! everyone seems to be in KLCC on a Sunday!

giant trees with pretty ornaments always makes us very berry cherry merry...
The one in Sunway Pyramid this year, was, quite scary.. Personally, I don't like it, I felt like in a CNY-theme Christmas mood.

KY said...

[SK]: Hey, now I sounded like a "Hooker". Hehe, keep hooking around.

Meg: It's Year End Sales, I know you're one of those great shopper. Have you done any shopping lately?

meglittlemeg said...

hahaha, hooking up.

hehe, nope. I haven't start with any shopping yet.. I don't think I can match with any of you here dy...

KY said...

Meg: No worries. I have yet started mine yet. Wanna go for it someday?

meglittlemeg said...

kaka, yesyes.. u free meh? always weekend also got outing wan... hee..

KY said...

Not much outing going on lor. OK la...set a date offline. Hehe, very excited de.