Stories and Thoughts

October 28, 2008

Hurt, is because you care...

28 Oct 2008: Weather was so nice today comparing to last week, where it was raining almost everyday. I spent 8 hours in office working on my own stuff peacefully without interruption from anyone. The feeling was awesome but kind of lonely some of the time as all my close colleagues were on time-off (Yeah, most of them are Indian).And I’m happy of myself that I’m still able to keep on with my jogging routine nowadays. Snapped this photo after my jog:


I’m feeling good and relax to see such a lovely sunset

While I was checking some emails and thinking about what to blog, I’ve been told by my dad that my grandma’s health is getting worse nowadays. She’s 80++ years old now and I think perhaps it would be a relief for her to leave in peace now rather than keep on fighting with the sickness. It’s hurt deeply seeing her in such a condition.

Hence, I couldn’t help but wondering…what would I be at that age? Can I even survive until 80? Perhaps not I think. Life is just too short for us to keep on waiting for the next thing to happen. Therefore, appreciate everyone around you and let go those that didn’t appreciate who we are.

14 comments:

[SK] said...

.. and people nowadays are getting more and more short life, a result of higly civilised culture?? sigh!!

best regards to your grandma..

sbanboy said...

Life is indeed fragile and precious .... I am learning to treasure every minute that I have with family and friends.

I dont think I will last till 80 :)

meglittlemeg said...

right.. appreciate family and friends, and your own health.. and whatever you have now..

I've learned not to sigh, for there are thousand and one unfortunate things that could have happened..

Danny said...

sometimes love is not only to hold, but to release as well....
good health for you and ur grandma ;)

KY said...

{sk}: Civilised culture? Perhaps food consumption and less exercise could be part of the reasons. Anyway, thanks.

sbanboy: Great, bet you have a wonderful family and great bunch of friends.

Meg: Teach me on how not to sigh.. Could be useful for me..:)

danny: Thanks for your concern and appreciate for dropping by.

mang0 said...

I don't hope for longevity, just hope for health, and live to the fullest...

KY said...

mangO: Speaking about health, I've just catched a flu...very bad. And I'm here in office to spread the virus. :)

.:: Ant ::. said...

Impermanence .... that's how we sld view life. Death is a sure thing.Every second after our birth leads us closer to "the day". What we cld do is to ensure the person we love is cared for and at peace to expect what is beyond death, whatever religion we practise.

Like how you advised me, things happen for a reason! We sld thus live life & find every reason to be positive and happy :)

My prayers for your granny's peace! & take care, drink lots of hot honey lemon, esp b4 you go to bed ya.

.:: Ant ::. said...

I noticed you clock in blogspot is accurate now!!!!! :) Bravo dude.

KY said...

biologicalclockticking: Thanks a lot for your prayer. Really appreciate that. Flu is actually a good friend of mine, where he will pay me a visit once in a while but wouldn't stay too long. So sweet of him...

ian-ization said...

Hope your grandma is doing well. =)

KY said...

ian-ization: Thanks a lot. She is doing fine. :)

Unknown said...

Long or short life doesn't matter. Most important is live happily everyday. Enjoy your life with your love one thats matters.

KY said...

Cherlyn: It's true. That's why I'm always appreciating to have you in my life. :)