Stories and Thoughts

October 21, 2008

"Forget" and "Forgive"

Recent newspaper news have reminded me of an episode of "Sex and the City" season 4 that talks about how to forget and forgive, and whichever should come first. I have to agree that people does made mistake, even politician and I believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance. And I don't care whether it's "kangkung" or "bayam", and whether they cook it using "oyster sauce" or "Belacan", just cut the crap and show us what you can do.

I think the same theory applies to relationship. If your partner made a big mistake, can you forgive him/her? Can you forget about the mistake done? "Forget and Forgive" or "Forgive and Forget", which one should come first?

It was Monday anyway that I felt kind of blues for the whole day. Called some close friends who're working in KL for dinner where I have to rush all the way from Cyberjaya to KL purposely for the dinner. It was 40 minutes of drive as the traffic was bad due to heavy rain. Driving is always not a big deal for me as long as the occasion worth it and these close friends (D & M) never disappoint me.


Before we went to Pavillion for dinner, we dropped by at Westin Hotel to get some breads from its bakery that offer 50% discount after 6pm. Just go and check it out next time if you're interested. We bought a seafood bun and a walnut croissant that 3 of us shared before the dinner. I was being greedy that I bought some for the next day's breakfast as well and the paper bag given was nice. Walked over to Pavillion for Japanese dinner and egg tart. According to Ms M, the durian tart tasted good but I wouldn't dare to try it. Drove back home alone at 10pm.



KeenYee is tired but happy for the Monday outing...

9 comments:

Chris said...

1st time visit ur blog oh..

KY said...

Chris: What a shame :) Just a simple blog to share my thought with my friends. BTW, I'm glad to see you here.

Unknown said...

"I think the same theory applies to relationship. If your partner made a big mistake, can you forgive him/her? Can you forget about the mistake done? "Forget and Forgive" or "Forgive and Forget", which one should come first?"
Hmm..I think 'Forgive' would take place first, but for sure, we cannot 'Forget' about it :)

KY said...

Mae: What's the point of forgive if you'll never forget? I think it would be better to 'forget' first..then the 'forgive' will come eventually without you realising it. Just a thought of mine.

Unknown said...

Haha..Dude, guess you already have the answer for yourself? :) But looking at your point, I agree with it.

KY said...

Not really, my answer is actually keep changing. At this time, I'll say 'forget' 1st. But tomorrow, maybe 'Forgive'. :)

.:: Ant ::. said...

"forget" is quite a hard task to do ...... unless we suffer from amnesia. A positive stand is to forgive and move onwards with improvement. Quote HH The Dalai Lama, "my religion is loving kindness". I prefer to transform my mind with kindness as a beacon and think as well as act positively. :)

KY said...

Lovely quote..but 'Forgive' itself isn't an easy task indeed. :)

.:: Ant ::. said...

M sure you could. You seem to have "kind" eyes! keke