Stories and Thoughts

December 9, 2008

2D1N Kukup trip

7 DEC 2008: Woke up at 5:30am for breakfast with family and waited for the bus to arrive at 7am. It was such a pain to get my butt up at this hour. The bus was quite punctual to arrive 10 minutes after 7, where we started our journey down to the south. As we were the last pick-up point that most of the front seats have been occupied, I took a seat at the back with a younger cousin of mine.

We reached the 1st destination at around 11am, which was a temple located in Batu Pahat. I’ve heard a lot about this place from my relatives, where there's a myth about those fishes in the temple that a single touch on them will give you a good luck. Some of my aunties do hit 4D after their previous trip here. The very 1st impression when I saw the pond was that…such a small artificial pond it is, while lot of people laid themselves around the pond just to touch those fishes. Some simple instructions when you happen to go there someday; Just lay down, put you hand into the water and waiting for those fishes to swim through your fingers, and wait for the good luck to come. Interesting enough? You might lost one of your finger, but who cares as you might win millions ringgit later. It was silly but we had a lot of fun and laughter. Talking about the temple itself, it was nicely built with some colorful statues of gods located around the temples.




After taken our lunch, we proceeded to the 2nd destination that was another temple (again!!!). I have no idea what to talk about this temple as I’m not so religious. I did nothing here other than snapped around with my camera.



After stucked inside the bus for 10 hours, we finally reached Kukup at around 5pm. I could felt the pain all over my body, from my back to ass, down to my feet. I immediately smelt the “fresh” air from the fishing village nearby the minute stepped my feet on the ground. We proceeded to a light dinner at one of the restaurant as there would be another round of seafood BBQ at 8pm. Nothing could be done at night time here apart from some mahjong and karaoke while I played with PSP most of the time.

8 DEC 2008: Woke up at 6:30am for breakfast at 7am, as we supposed to have a tour to nearby fish ponds. However, the tour was cancelled due to the heavy rain since the night before. It was bad for us as there were no other entertainments around. Therefore, we slowly took our long-hours breakfast and packed our stuff before checked out at 10am. Along the way back, we had a few stops at Malacca (lunch) and Seremban (dinner) where we finally reached home at 9pm. Home sweet home...


13 comments:

[SK] said...

is the place nice?? looks like pulau ketam, hehe.. i went to PD over the weekend but it has been raining whole day, did nothing but just stayed in the hotel room, sob sob :(

TZ said...

Dude, how much seafood you have eaten? there have cheap and yummy seafood there... :p

fufu said...

kukup??? seriously i need to explore more of msia!! malacca johore blablabla still havent been...but already been to nearly 30 countries... sigh its time to see more msia next yr onwards!! gotta go to hk macau and china next week first :)

Twilight Man said...

KEENYEE - You look fatter & chubby now after many blogs later. Massive eating you had yeah? I don't think I will ever visit Kukup as it is so far and boring lah.

sbanboy said...

After all the seafood, time for some yummy bak kut teh :P

KY said...

[SK]: It's more or less like P.Ketam la. Yeah, it was raining in Kukup as well all the way up to Malacca. Bad weather.

TZ: Those meals and seafood were nothing extraordinary. You can get better seafood around KL, just the price maybe higher.

lcfu: Wow, very nice that you've been to 30 countries..what are those countries?

Twilight Zone: Hehe, gained some weight lately due to too many wedding dinners and food hunting trip. Gotta stick on my diet back. But anyhow, I'm not skinny person though. :)

sbanboy: Hehe, just said that I wanna stick back on my diet plan. BKT, next time dude...

.:: Ant ::. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.:: Ant ::. said...

Wow, so many nice shots taken. Well, the trip wuz not all that dull, right? :)

Most importantly, I think you achieved having quality with your family which I think was great.

Btw, lets grow fat together! Wakakaka

+Ant+

KY said...

Anton: You are so right. Nothing much there apart from spent some quality time together with family. Mm...how about let's get fit together?

Danny said...

bet u had a good time with ur family :)
but that place... err, maybe i'll reconsider if anyone ask me to go ...hahaha..
cos ,i'm a city boy ma...hahaha

KY said...

Danny: You better think more than twice before going. I'm not a very city person, but still I couldn't really stand it. But yeah, being with family is always nice and preious.

Chris said...

Oh... 1st time heard of this place...

LAURENCE said...

wah~
so nice ~
haha~
u cum batu pahat didnt find me~
i live near the temple which gt big fish tat~
haha~