Stories and Thoughts

December 23, 2008

Roars in Singapore

18/19 DEC 2008: Took LRT from Sungai Besi to Pudu Raya for our 11:50pm bus to Singapore. It has been a year since the last time I took Star LRT, where it just took me 20 minutes from Sungai Besi to Plaza Rakyat; which is pretty fast from my point of view. Talking about the condition of the LRT itself, it didn't really change much in term of cleanliness and comfortable. But I just don't like the slippery metal seats. Anyway, the bus was punctual to depart sharply at 11:50pm where we reached Singapore Custom at 4am. The total of 4 hours journey from KL to Singapore was quite fast that I wasn't sure what the speed was as I was sleeping along the way. Just like that, I entered Singapore with a warm greeting from the custom officer. Singaporean is kind of friendly I was thinking.

Continued our bus journey till the last stop at Lavender where we took MRT from Lavender to Ang Mo Kio, the place where we stayed for the next 3 days. Steven was so nice to offer us a stay at his sister's house where I was deeply touched by his offer. However, I had an unpleasant experience with the MRT counter officer where he was so impatient with my questions that started to give me a bad impression of the people here in the neighborhood country. Upon reached Ang Mo Kio, we took an early breakfast at nearby food court. We took asam laksa recommended by Steven, where it was so tasty at a reasonable price tag of SGD3. Food in Singapore is much cheaper than Malaysia (If you don't convert the currency). Since we have travelled since the night before, we took a nap until 11am before we went for lunch and shopping around City Hall. After few hours of walk, we went to Chinatown to meet with Martin, Lee and Kenny for dinner. We had our dinner at nearby food court (forgotten the place's name) where they ordered quite a lot of famous local food for us to try. I love the fried prawn mee here. After the dinner, we went to a nearby pub for some drinks before headed back home to hit the sack at 11pm.



20 DEC 2008: Woke up at 1oam for breakfast. This time around, I took prawn mee that it was a bit tasteless for my preference. Rested and took a shower before started our journey of the day to Orchard. Met-up with our friends (Lee and Kenny) for lunch at Food Republic where I took beef noodle that turned out pretty tasty. The beef was tender and the sauce was nice. Nothing much we could do for rest of the day apart from shopping as Ochard is a heaven for shoppers. But I bought nothing, hehe. Passed by LV and saw a long queue in front of the boutique. Wow, bet economy wasn’t that bad now I was thinking. We took a short break for hi-tea at a coffee house in front of California Fitness. All of us showed our tired faces, which was kind of cute. Had a long conversation about how health conscious the local people are, while looking at those gym-fit men and women walking in and out of the gym. From the obversation done, I came out with a conclusion that most of the local people have fairer skin color compared with us, though the country itself is just separated by a bridge down Peninsular Malaysia. Headed to Tanjong Pagar for dinner and clubbing until 3am, where we took a taxi back to Ang Mo kia that cost us SGD15. Not too bad I supposed.

21 DEC 2008: It was our last day in Singapore. As all of us slept late the night before, we woke up at 11am for brunch at Ang Mo Kio. I had Mee Siam, which was pretty nice. We walked around AMK Plaza for final shopping. Kenny was so nice to join us after his lunch with family. Packed our stuff and headed to Lavender at 7pm. We were very glad and happy as Martin and Kenny had accompanied us for whole day. We took Thai food as dinner before we sent Martin and Kenny off as we didn't want them to wait until 11:30pm for our bus. Moreover, it was windy that we afraid it might rain. It was sad to say goodbye that we hugged each other. I really hope to see and catch up with them again in a short future.


Martin, Lee and Kenny: Thanks a lot for the hospitality offered and we do appreciate every moment of togetherness with you all.

16 comments:

Lifebook said...

Photo only.. ?

mang0 said...

Bugis Junction~~~

Twilight Man said...

Lifebook! You are worse man! Taiwan photos no captions and no part 2 leh. Where?
KEENYEE where's our Christmas pressies? Your blog has turned icy cold for so many days since you disappeared. MERRY CHRISTMAS dude!

.:: Ant ::. said...

I love you more when you purrrrrrrrrrr :P

+Ant+

KY said...

Lifebook: Just added the posting. But still waiting for those photos from my friend though. :)

mang0: You should go there for shopping. It's crazy!!!

Twilight Zone: Haha, thanks for being so supportive wo. Too bad that I couldn't found the Tom Ford there. Even no xmas gift for myself. Merry X'mas to you too.

Anton: Thanks...

said...

wah~ u look very yeng chai with purple T lo~ two thumbs up for u :)

[SK] said...

aiyoh, how come didn't buy anything and you enjoyed the food there huh?? which is pretty weird for me, nice food and bought nothing?? hehe :p

KY said...

LeuMaS: Wow, such a nice compliment. Thanks man.

SK: Yeah, wasn't in shopping mood. Maybe because it was too packed everywhere, gotta queue for everything. And surprisingly, I found the food there pretty good, not as bad as people said. BTW, I'm not that picky on food. :)

Danny said...

i bet u had a nice holidays.. especially the part where u observed people...lol ;p

meglittlemeg said...

aw...w i didnt get to shop much the last time there too. I guess the clothes prices are like 1 to 1 with here so it doesnt sound logic. Hee. Of course thats because im not a fashionista.. Hee.

Glad u met up with friends.. Always wonderful ho...

fufu said...

hohohoho merry chritstmas =)
*greeting from hk*

Medie007 said...

looks like an eating trip! hahahaha

anyways, merry christmas to you! :D belated maybe. :P

KY said...

Danny: It was nice, so does the observation and check-out. :)

Meg: Agree with you that those clothes weren't that cheap. SO I didn't shop any as well.

lcfu: Merry X'mas. You at HK? Nice..enjoy your holiday.

Medie007: Merry X'mas. The main purpose of the trip was to visit some friends.

Chris said...

I miss SIN.

ian-ization said...

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year 2009 Kenny. =)

KY said...

Chris: Then you shall go there someday. It's just few hours away by car. :)

ian-ization: Same goes to you. Best wishes from me.